Allergies reduce our quality of life and productivity, and cost us dearly. Severe allergic reactions can be fatal, and require careful planning and management.
Many of us suffer health complaints and reduced wellbeing that may be attributed to allergy. Allergy has emerged as a major health problem in Australia in recent years. And the highest prevalence is in the working age population. Allergies can develop at any age.
Some telling statistics:
- Allergy accounts for an estimated half a million sick days in Australia each year.
- Allergy and asthma account for an estimated 20% of Australia’s health expenditure.
- Australia has among the highest prevalence of allergic disorders in the developed world.
- Around 20% of Australians suffer from allergy.
- The number of people seeking medical care for allergy in Australia has doubled in the past generation.
- The prevalence of allergic rhinitis (hay fever) and eczema in Australia has almost doubled in the past 15 years.
- Hospitalisation for severe food allergy (anaphylaxis) in Australia has doubled over the past decade.
- Allergy is one of Australia’s most costly health problems—in our personal expenditure and the national economic impact.
Around half our patients at Allergy Medical are adults
Many of us unnecessarily put up with allergies for years, or take short-term quick fixes.
We can help you to identify the cause, ease the symptoms, manage the problem and get on with life. And with immunotherapy, we could help you to say goodbye to your allergies once and for all.
To see how we could help you, just ask us.